Sunday, November 27, 2011

Weekly Prompt Story: A Christmas Wish/Compulsion

http://podcasting.isfullofcrap.com/2011/11/27/weekly-challenge-292-pick-two/

A Christmas Wish/Compulsion
By Chris Munroe

I made a Christmas wish, for peace on earth.

And there was peace.

So the next day I made another wish, for good will to all.

This too was granted. That’s when my problems began.

I wished every day after that. I couldn’t stop, helpless against the power of my wishes.

The least among us? Cared for.

Equality among all? Achieved.

The world became paradise, but I was in hell, trapped in endless wishing.

Finally, the next Christmas, I wished myself freedom from wishing, and for the previous year to’ve never happened.

So yeah. Sorry, world. Couldn’t handle the compulsion.

No comments:

Post a Comment