Thursday, May 23, 2013

Sound


There’s no greater joy than listening to your favorite band from when you were fifteen and realizing they still totally hold up.

Specifically, Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine.

I relistened to their first five albums recently, and wow. A mix of punk, dance beats and puns, they’re the exact sort of band I wanted to join when I was young enough to want to join a band.

Also: Best name for a band in rock.

Are they as good as I think they are?

Perhaps not.

Still, they remind me of my youth, and I love them.

And that’s enough…

3 comments:

  1. I've had the opposite - listen to a band I loved as a teenager and cringed in disgust!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But, are they still together and can you see them on a retro tour?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had this experience yet. No idea how they will hold up.

    ReplyDelete